This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Fixed install-directory

1 reply to this topic

andre

andre
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:42

Hi all,

my customer wants a setup (until tomorrow) where the program is not installed into "c:\program files" but into the directory "C:\HisCompany\Test".

First question: I have already a msi-file and Orca (no InstallShield or so). What do I have to declare in which table to force the installation into this directory?

Second question: the only thing that could be changed would be the drive-letter, but the path has always to be the same. If it is not possible to make the drive-letter flexible, I will provide two setups for him: one for drive C: and one for drive D:. I know that thats bad style, but I have to have the setup until tomorrow.

Please help anybody. Thanks!

andre

KapilMarwah

KapilMarwah
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 13:34

For this you need to use the directory table to modify the installation directory as required. You can also use a SetProperty (before completion of costing) or a set directory (after costing) to change the desired directory.
If you have a dialog to set the destination directory then you can attach an event to do this for you. This way you would not need to hardcode either C: or D: or any other drive letter

Kapil