This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Using the path to UNC download

1 reply to this topic

petesouthwest

petesouthwest
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:18

Hi

I am new to Installshield X and having a little culture shock from the old Borland Express version I was using, so please excuse me if this seems obvious to people.

In my basic msi I need to get the unc path of the path choosen as the install path, so that I can save it in an ini file to be used by my app. I have found and downloaded the uncpath.zip that says 'This code will return the full UNC path of a drive and directory passed into it.' From what I have understood I need to create a custom action for this script and then use the custom action in a dialog?

I ran the custom action wizard as suggested in the help files and produced 'MyFunction' but I dont really understand what i'm doing. I choose 'run installscript code' and choose the only option of 'MyFunction' as the source, as for the rest of the options I have choosen what seemed to make sence. I cant seem to find a 'tutorial' style help on this, only the help file that I'm struggling to understand.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very gratefull!

Many thanks
Pete

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:01

You would have to paste the InstallScript code from the sample in your MyFunction.