This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Mode

4 replies to this topic

matrot

matrot
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 15:02

Is there a way for a custom action in a standard DLL to know that setup is running in silent mode in order to remove any user interraction ?

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 15:41

if you use the MSISetInsternalUI(INSTALLUILEVEL_NOCHANGE,0) then the return value will show the original UI Level requested.

the actual UI level can be effected by the LIMITUI property.  i haven't done it but you are supposed to be able to check the UILevel property after calling the MSISetInternalUI to take this into account...

matrot

matrot
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 09:18

Is this technique supposed to work in a deffered custom action in the Execute Sequence ?
In my last test, MsiSetInternalUI(INSTALLUILEVEL_NOCHANGE,0) returns INSTALLUILEVEL_DEFAULT when the setup is run with the /s /v"/qn" command line switches.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 09:25

If you create your interactions with MsiProcessMessage rather than MessageBox or CreateDialog then Msi will look after the need to display or not. It will also log the intereaction for you.

In general there should be as little user interaction as possible in the execute sequence.  I appreciate this is sometimes impossible to avoid.
Ian Blake
(Currently Unemployed)

matrot

matrot
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 10:26

If I've to launch a process that could run in quiet mode from the command line. But if I can't rely on MsiSetInternalUI return value it will be difficult ?