This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CD-ROM folder structure

2 replies to this topic

Mõbius

Mõbius
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 09:37

Hi folks,

I'm trying to save my files in folders. This seems to be possible in general. Unfortunately not all of these files will be copied in folders allthough the concerning properties are set correctly. I found out that there is another property in the CabFileViewer which is not availabe or documented in InstallShield. It is called "Data as files" and is located between the properties "Visible" and "File Need". I set the property "All data files should be placed in CD-ROM-folders by the build". Unfortunately this didn't work either. Some files are copied to folders and some other files are compressed to the cab files.
There is another problem concerning this. I changed a file in one CD-ROM folder with a new file. The setup prompted, that the changed file won't be the same file as in the cab file. Why are these files not changable? Are they copied in cab files additionally? Is it possible, that I can change a new file without compiling the setup project?

Thanks for your help

Mõbius

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 21:00

In the media build wizard you can specify whether all files should be compressed into CABs, none, or only some (using the Advanced button).

Mõbius

Mõbius
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 20:16

This is for kari_hun

Yes, I did solve this problem. I tried everything and nothing happened. Finally I changed the GUID for the concerning folders. Therefor select the Components pane and mark the folder. Then on the right hand there is the last property named GUID. Double click on this and change this code. A warning will be displayed. Ignore this - I did it too. And then my folders were created as I wanted.

I wish you all the best.

Mõbius