This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISPro Service Pack 1 Is Completely Useless

4 replies to this topic

dcook

dcook
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 16:45

After installing service pack 1 for ISpro7 my projects created with ISPro7 no longer work!! Attempts to build new project using VB project scan result in GPF!! I'm sorry I chose Installshield for my business. Most of my support calls are due to the terrible performance of this garbage software. Support usually takes 2 days from IS.  :angry:

Nash

Nash
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 18:21

Thnaks for the warning. I have just installed the HotFix and haven't noticed any problems yet.
Maybe try that.

I was about to install the Service pack but will wait.

Cheers

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 22:55

I'll second that - since moving to the service pack (forced to by Browse buttons in 7.0 crashing installs) my company has had no end of problems.  I almost want to ask if Install Shield is testing their product at all anymore.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience about InstallAnywhere?  After dealing with InstallShield for 3 years we are ready to SWITCH.

Weissenborn

Weissenborn
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 10:17

I just like to tell you that I share all your Opinons!!! I am real disappointed and very angry about Installshields new Politic of "Support".
I do not see that I have to do their Product Evaluation. - I expect a Product that doesn't show harmfull errors at all. And if I find such, I expect an easy way to tell this to them and I expect fast Bugfixes.
It seems that Installshield feel so good in it's Market Position that they prefer loosing a few Customers than investing in Product Development and Support.

As this is on our Cost, I intend to have a more close look on a well know Competitor Product now. - Maybe they still feel more linked to the Customer.

Greetings
Gregor

Edited by Weissenborn, 28 April 2003 - 09:24.

bryangibson

bryangibson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 21:34

ph34r.gif
i have to agree with all of you. i have found three bugs in the past week that have needed workarounds or have no solution. i work for a very large software development firm that puts emphasis on SUPPORT, TESTING, and CLIENTS. i have found that InstallShield does not perform adequeate testing, does not update their KB with known issues, and does not respond with anything useful in their replies to support requests.

i have had to produce, workaround after workaround, and all but abandon all native functionalities in IS version 7.0 projects. i have only been using the product for almost a year, and picked it up very quickly, however i have been forced to come up with my own solutions to problems that are native to their product.

many times i have thought that i would waste less time, and gain more benefit (reusability and efficiency) if i wrote my own installation creating tool.

newbies beware, this is a bear of a product to work with.