This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Component Broken But Nothing Has Changed

3 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:06

Hi all,

QA told me late Friday that it appears a component has broken since our last distribution. The file is C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.2.dll. I checked the component codes in the previous release and the current release and there was no change there. Its the same file, version, etc. The behavior was seen following the Major Upgrade.

RemoveExistingProducts occurs immediately following InstallValidate.

I will have them check to see that the file is in place prior to initiating our application during the next test(s), but I was just wondering what else I might be able to look at to track this down.

I remember this happened to me way back in the day for a common third party .dll and we could never figure out what happened. We just had to settle for the self repair following that distribution.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks much in advance!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:21

Can you be more specific about how the component is "broken"? What are they symptoms?

Did you validate your msi file? Did you also perform upgrade validation (if your tool supports this)? Does a log file give any clues?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 16:43

Symptoms were self repair upon initial start of App following Major Upgrade. Checked event log and found problematic component.

Trying to repeat problem on demand so I can log it.

Will log and post.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:41

I think there was a known problem with .NET assemblies. Are you using the latest version of the Windows Installer runtime? Could you try moving RemoveExistingProducts to a later time (after the file copy) in the Upgrade settings?