This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DHCP

3 replies to this topic

akpoluru

akpoluru
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 16:31

How do I set the TCP/IP property to get an IP Address from a DHCP server with InstallShield script? If if a machine has a static IP, I need to change it to get an IP from a DHCP server.
Thanks

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 18:12

WHy do you want to do that?  I personally use a static IP address for a very specific reason.  If an installer came along and changed that, I would be extremely upset.  Maybe you should look at what you're trying to do and see if there is another way of accomplishing it.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

akpoluru

akpoluru
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 18:45

Xitch13,
I am writing an installer for another app. and for this app. to run DHCP has to enabled. The user who is installing this app is aware of the change and he/she has specific instructions on how to do this manually. I want to automate this and was looking for help.
Thanks

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 19:40

you could try setting the following registry for the specific network card:

Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\XXXX\Parameters\Tcpip
Name=EnableDHCP          Value=1

the difficulty comes in when you have to determine a variety of nic cards on different machines...