This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Oracle 8i client

3 replies to this topic

DrDillman

DrDillman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 16:41

Has anyone had luck building an MSI to install the Oracle 8i client? A few of our techs have tried and failed. I am about to attempt and want to know if it can be done and if there is anything to look out for. It is just a standard application user install.
Thanks in advance

jyoung_usa

jyoung_usa
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 15:27

I was able to build a package for the application user installation of Oracle 8.1.73 useing the enterprise edtion of Wise Package Studio 4.0. Useing Wise 3.52 all attempts failed. You may want to try installing Oralce and then copy the files dropped to a network location. Capture the install to get the registy and delete the files. Save your package and then add the files back in from your network drive. Good luck this package was a major pain in the backside.

digitalfootprint

digitalfootprint
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 21:44

I just completed a package that:

1. removes older versions of oracle
2. removes legacy path information
3. Deploys Oracle 8.17
4. add new path information
5. converts all odbc connections to use the new driver

steps 4-5 is a reusable binary which takes command line parameters. This can be used for any version of Oracle Client Deployment.

hhoy@digitalfootprint.net

collie

collie
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 07:10

Hi,

Yes, I have just competed two Oracle 8i client configuartions repackaged as MSIs. I used Wise Package Studio 3.2 on WinXP.

Wise attempts to handle ODBC settings it detects during install, which never seems to work, so I deleted these and
imported the relevant ODBC registry settings.