This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to include thirdparty tool into installer

10 replies to this topic

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:51

Hi,

I want to include the AntennaHouse.exe tool in my installer in installshield10.5 version(MSI Project). The problem is need to launch antennahouse first and my setup.exe will launch next .

How to include that exe file in installshield10.5

So please give me the clear notification on this problem.

Thanks
Raghu.

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 13:56

Hi stefan,

Please check with my problem its urgent.

Regards
Raghu.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 14:27

You could create a custom prerequisite to run that exe. You can launch the Prerequisite editor from the Tools menu. After you created the prerequisite you can add it to your project in the redistributables view.

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 13:23

Thanks Stefan for reply,

Can you give me the detail document on that how to create prerequisite. And pls give me the link for free downloaded books on Installshield10.5 , because I am beginer in this field.

Thanks
Raghu.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 15:43

Did you try Tools > Prerequisite Editor? There's also a Help button there.

For books about Windows Installer and InstallShield see http://www.installsi...n/msi/books.htm and http://www.installsi...es/en/books.htm .
The InstallShield 11.5 user manual can be downloaded from macrovision.com .

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:57

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.
I created one prerequisite named as AntennaHouse.prq , after that in tools->prerequisite editor -> In that Setup prerequisite file I selected AntennaHouse.prq.And In Files to Include tab I added AntennaHouse.exe file and in Application to Run tab selected that exe file for to launch.

Now I build the solution and created setup.exe file(My project installer). Now I launch that application but AntennaHouse.exe in not launching . My target is AntennaHouse should be launch first after that my setup.exe file must be launch.. this my actuall procedure......

Pls give me the solution for this its very urgent.

Thanks in Advance....
Raghu.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:13

You need to select your new prerequisite in the Redistributables view.

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:06

Hi Stefan,

I am able to launch the applicaton now. but at the installation, getting error is
Error: The installaton of Antennahousesetupprerequisite appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation.

Any way I attached screen shot pls find the attachement.

giveme the solution for this...

Thanks in Advance.
Raghu.

Attached Files

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 14:36

After the prerequisite has been installed, InstallShield checks the condition again to see if the install was successful. Please double check your condition.

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:43

Hi Stefan,

Yes, its checking the condition again. First time its installing properly, but again it's installing that is why its geting failed. So where I want to update.

Note: Installation is done properly. Only problem is the installation is doing two times.

Thanks in advance
Raghu.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:17

So you need to make sure the condition is met when it's checking the second time, i.e. use a registry entry that gets set by the prerequisite install, or something like that.