This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Help needed with _isUser.dll

1 reply to this topic

Sathish

Sathish
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:41

Hi,

I am new to InstallShield. My requirement is to migrate an existing InstallShield Professional Project (from Version 6.2) to InstallShield X.

I opened the project (.ipr) in InstallShield X and it migrated successfully.

When I was debugging the source, I encountered an error stating that one of the functions that was being called does not exist.

This function is defined in the _isUser.dll.

The problem that I am facing is that, even after I replace the _isUser.dll with the correct one that has the functions defined, when I start debugging and InstallShield does a build, it gets overwritten with another _isUser.dll which does not have the function. The dll that is built by InstallShield lies in <Project Folder>\_IsUser\1033.

I replaced the this _isUser.dll and also tried copying it to the "Setup Files\Compressed Files\0009-English\OS Independent" folder and also tried adding the _isUser.dll in the "Support Files\English" folder in the InstallShield Project.

All of this does not help. Is my approach correct? Or am I doing something fundamentally wrong? Please help.

Regards,
Sathish

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:05

You could try to set the file to read-only and then do a build. I doubt it would work, but it should be worth a try.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul