This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Enable/Disable Controls

3 replies to this topic

Lost Sheep

Lost Sheep
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 15:30

Hi.

Is there any way I can conditionally enable or disable controls using install script in installshield?

I have a text box that I only want enabled based on the user's selection of a Radiobutton in the group above. In other words, if option "a" is selected the user does not have to fill in the text box, but if option "b" is selected, the text box becomes enabled to allow the details to be entered...

Is there any way I can access/set the "enabled" property of the text box through installscript?

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 11:54

You should use the ControlCondition table.

Use the DirectEditor to add 2 conditions to the table, specifying that the edit field (and accompanying text tag) should be Enabled/Disabled depending on the value of the radio button property. That will adjust their state accordingly. It's how the License Agreement dialog works.

netsave07

netsave07
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:30

How to do it?
I'm using install script msi project and can not find any conditions window in the dialog view and I can not enable/Disable controls.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:33

InstallScript MSI doesn't use Windows Installer's dialogs. Instead it uses InstallScript to display dialogs, and thats a completely different technology. You will need to edit your InstallScript for this purpose.
Please start a new thread in the "InstallScript MSI" section of this forum if you have questions how to do this.