This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Attach unversioned file to versioned assembly

3 replies to this topic

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:35

Hi forum,

in my installation there is an unversioned xml-file installed. I currently use Wise, which creates an hash for this xml.
I want this xml to depend on the existence of another file within the installation, a versioned dll file.
So if the dll file will be deinstalled, also the xml should be deinstalled - even when the user changed something in it.
The reason is, that our software's architecture is not final yet, so that specific files need a specific 'version' of this mentioned xml. I must be sure, that always the correct xml-file is installed.

How can I do this? And, if you know, how can I do this using Wise?

Thank you very much,

Torben Schulz

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:28

Ok, solved. Companion file is the key.

Edited by Torben, 31 August 2006 - 10:29.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 14:33

That's right, see attached image to see how this looks in the MSI. Essentially you just add the name of the versioned file to the Version field of the unversioned file.

Attached Images

• Companion_File.GIF

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 14:24

QUOTE (Glytzhkof @ 2006-08-31 13:33)
That's right, see attached image to see how this looks in the MSI. Essentially you just add the name of the versioned file to the Version field of the unversioned file.

Thank you very much,

Regards,
Torben