This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with Active Sync application

2 replies to this topic

Vijay_k

Vijay_k
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 13:26

Hi All,

I am working on the application Active Sync 4.5.
It's a vendor supplied MSI, and when I try to install this application, installation goes fine. But it won't install RICHINK.DLL file.
Because of which, when I try to launch the application, applicaiton will go for a self heal and then this file is installed. This happens only at the first time launch of the application.

There is no condition set for this componnet and there is no custom action associated with this file.
Please note, I am not doing anything, just installing the source.

Could any one please tell me what might be the reason for this.

Note: 1. It is upgrading the previous version and then installing this version.
2. If no upgrade, then this file will be installed.
3. There is no upgrade reference for the above component.

Thanks in advance.

--- Vijay

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:10

Is that component marked as "never overwrite"? What's the version of the existing file (from the old version) and the version of the new file? Is this a Major Upgrade (i.e. are the ProductCodes of the msi files different)?

Vijay_k

Vijay_k
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 14:42

Hi Stefan Krueger,

Thanks for your help and sorry for the delayed response.

It was major upgrade.

I found out the problem. There was a custom action that installs these files even though it is present in the package. It was not in sequence. When we install the packgae using GUI, the custom action was called in a dialogue box. We install it using /qb option. So we were supposed to give it in sequence. Now it is working.

---Vijay