This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

installing vbscript.dll

1 reply to this topic

mikeo

mikeo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 23:16

This is a problm which I found described on a number of forums, but I could not find a solution.

I have a VB6 project in which I use regular expressions. I have to add the corresponding dll as a reference. I add "Microsoft VBscript Regular Expressions 5.5", which points to C:....\system32\vbscript.dll\3.

When I use the MS Installer wizzard, it uses this info to show a dependence of a file called simply "3". If I try to build the MSI, I get an error showing that "3" is an invalid source name.

I tried to delete this incorrect reference and replace it simply with vbscript.dll. Now the MSI build OK, however, when I run the application on a new computer, the application fails when it tries to use regular expressions, which are in fact in this vbscript.dll.

So the question is if there is any way around which would insure that I can correctly install vbscript.dll with support for regular expressions.

Mike

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:47

Regular expression support comes with Windows Script 5.0. You can install a download from http://msdn.microsof...tentid=28001169 (the current version is Windows Script 5.6)
Note that Windows Script is a language independent script environment, and Vbscript.dll is just the implementation of the VB parser.

As an alternative, make IE 5.0 a system requirement, as IE 5.0 contains Windows Script 5.0.