This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall is removing too much!

1 reply to this topic

fmei106

fmei106
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 23:37

I have a setup using Windows Installer Edition and during the installation of my project, I install several Crystal Report files needed to run a report included in my software. The files are included in the setup in case the client doesn't have Crystal installed on their computer so they can still view the report. The Never Overwrite component property is set to YES so in case the client does have Crystal installed--the files in my project won't replace them. The problem is when the user removes our software. People who had Crystal Reports installed prior to my installation are getting error messages when they try to run reports after uninstalling my software. During uninstallation, the project seems to be removing files that were on the client's machine before they ever ran my setup. I assumed if they had Crystal and the Never Overwrite property is set to YES, the files wouldn't be installed during the initial installation meaning they wouldn't be uninstalled either?? Is there another property I'm overlooking or how do I prevent these files from being removed if they were on the computer before my installation? Thanks for any input!!!

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 21:40

You are checking for the files being overwriten if key path exists, this means if the files are present the installer assumes the component to be installed and therefore these get uninstalled also.

You may need to "share" this component (Attribute=8) and/or make them "permanent" (leave installed on uninstall Attribute=24) to produce the desired result.
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)