This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Nested MSI in Sub Folder

2 replies to this topic

RMo

RMo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 14:38

when I try to setup a CA 23 I can not enter a sub directory for the msi filename.

The help says it should work, but it won't. As soon as I select a different CA and go back to my original the sub directory is gone sad.gif

I tried with a sub directory with properties and without. Does anybody know if passing properties to the MSI FileName for CA 23 works?

I am using IsDev7.0.4

Thanks, Raoul

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:21

I couldn't get subfolder to work either...

But passing properties for CA23 does work. Put them in the target column, eg.

TARGETDIR="[TARGETDIR]" LAUNCHEDFROMMAINMSI=1 ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 ALLUSERS=[ALLUSERS]

This sets TARGETDIR to the calling TARGETDIR (the quotes are necessary when it contains spaces), ALLUSERS to the calling ALLUSERS, and two other properties.

Hope this helps.

RMo

RMo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:26

But how does that help me to get MSI to do a nested install from sub folders!

I tried editing the MSI file with orca to change the path to the nested msi in a sbu directory, but that does not work as wel!

The annoying thing is that I could use a CA to launch msiexec.exe, but then I can not wait untill the action finished! The main installation will continue as soon as msiexec is started and won't wait untill the nested install is finished!

Is there someone who got it working!