This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

media build - setup.exe

4 replies to this topic

dietlind

dietlind
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:59

Hi there,
I had to patch the language selection dialog in setup.exe. Our croatian customer found some translation mistakes. I've patched the setup.exe in Disk1. But when I build a new version, the setup.exe is replaced by ... which file? wacko.gif Does anybody know?
Thanks for helping
Dietlind

Edited by dietlind, 19 January 2004 - 11:00.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 14:49

Isn't there a redist folder in your Pro6 program directory?

dietlind

dietlind
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 15:15

Yes, of course. With nearly one setup.exe for each language. Which of them is used for rebuild, or none of them?
Dietlind

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 15:22

I don't have Pro6 installed right now, but in Pro7 I think it's the setup.exe in the Redistributable\Uncompressed Files\Language Independent\Intel 32 folder.

dietlind

dietlind
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 15:29

Nope,
it's the only file that's smaller than all the others and also smaller than the file in the disk1 folder. I've now renamed all the setup.exe files (setup.exe.fr, setup.exe.fi ...) and then all the files (for the used languages) are copied into disk1.
Maybe I have to copy my patched version to all language folders including language independed?
Dietlind