This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Incorporating SOAP Toolkit 3.0

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 21:14

I'm trying to use SOAP Toolkit with our application and am attempting to install the necessary components via the following Merge Modules:  Soap_core.msm, Isapi3_files.msm, and Winhttp.msm.

During the installation, I get the following message on several machines:

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Common Files\MSSoap\Binaries\WHSC30.dll failed to register.  HRESULT -2147024770.

The components included along with WHSC30.dll in the Soap3_core.msm are:  Mssoap30.dll, WISC30.dll, and MSSOAPR3.dll.

If I run my setup a second time, I don't receive this message, which leads me to believe that I'm missing a dependency while attempting to register WHSC30.dll.  Is the registration sequenced incorrectly in the Module itself?  If this is the case, what dependancy am I missing?

After the successful second run of my installation, I get the following message when attempting to run my app. when SOAP is called:

Error #-2147221164  WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80040154:  Class not registered.

What is wrong?  Can anyone help me??

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 15:32

OR ...

If anyone has used the SOAPToolkit30.exe as part of their installation (kicked off by Custom Action), is there any way to make this silent with no user interface?

I see there is a license agreement, etc. in it's User Interface.  I was just wondering if there were any flags that can be used as the Custom Actions target that would install SOAP, via this .exe, 'under the covers'.   :D

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 14:06

i'm guessing that you will have to first determine if the exe will accept any parameters, if it does that would be your first step...  

if all licensing issues are resolved have you thought about either re-packaging this .exe or perhaps using a ZAP file to provide the info to the .exe ?