This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem upgrading ISWI 2.03 to Developer 7.01

1 reply to this topic

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 13:08

I am converting one of my projects from ISWI 2.03 to Developer 7.01. In the ISWI 2.03 project all the features and components had the the target [INSTALLDIR]. After upgrading the project to Developer 7.01 all the features have the installation target 0. I can change the installation target to another value e.c. ProgramFilesFolder, but in the dropdown list of the target the "0" remains.
There are no error messages when building the project, but when trying to install it, I get the errors 1314, 1606 (when the InstallWelcome dialog shows up) and the setup stops.
Error message The specified path 0 is unavailable, Could not access location 0.
I tried to find this entry "0" in the direct editor in order to delete it, but I was unable to find it.
What can cause this error, how to avoid / repair it ?

Thank You
Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 09:36

Finally I think I found the reason for this behaviour:
The InstallShield conversion software entered the entry INSTALLDIR with the value "0" in the Property table which caused this error.

Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.