This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE 2000 Mere Module

2 replies to this topic

newiad850

newiad850
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 16:03

In august this year I've created an installation package with MSDE 2000 Merge Modules. At the time everything was working fine an no problems were reported when installing.

Now I've to create an upgrade/new installation but I've come up with the following error message:

ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'ATL.7EBEDD68_AA66_11D2_B980_006097C4DE24:0' for Feature 'MSDE2000Feature'.

I've checked the files in the default Merge Module directories and everuthing is there. Is it possible that I need a specific version of this file (ATL.MSM)

What looks strange to me is this: since my last setup, I didn't change my configuration or any MSM-file. Why is this problem now popping up?

Thx for helping me out with this one,
Chris

LonDean

LonDean
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 14:34

I am experiencing the same problem with one of my merge modules. I go to rebuild the package and it pops up "Error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging module <MODULENAME> for feature <FEATURENAME>." I have done everything in the resolution section of InstallShield Document Q107620, but I am still having the same problem. The search goes on for an answer...

Kurt Brecheisen

Kurt Brecheisen
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 19:15

This may not be helpful, but here goes:

InstallShield has a knowledge base article on using merge modules for MSDE

http://support.insta...ticleid=Q108991

quote from the article:
"Microsoft recommends using their setup.exe instead of the MSDE 2000 merge modules to redistribute MSDE 2000. They still include the merge modules for existing setups to work but are recommending all new setups that install MSDE 2000 to use their setup.exe. InstallShield's solution for this new direction is the "InstallShield MSDE 2000 for NT Platforms" Object."

I have just created an installation using the new object. Theoretically it will upgrade older versions(?????). I haven't tried an older version upgrade with it.

Kurt Brechiesen[br]Wicks Broadcast Solutions