This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem in Installation directory

1 reply to this topic

vishnub

vishnub
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 18:11

Hi All,

For all my components, i specify INSTALLDIR as destination, i set WindowsVolume as default installation directory. While running i changed the installation location to some other drive in "Choose Destination Location" panel. And it installs correctly in the location which i specified in the panel.

I tried to install somemore components, in modify option through Add/Remove programs, at that time it has to install in the location which i specified in the first installation, but it installing in the Default location (WindowsVolume drive).

What is the problem, can anyone help me to sort out it...

Thanks in Advance

Thanks
Vishnu

vishnub

vishnub
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:51

The same issue is specified in this newsletter,
http://www.installsh...iPropUninst.asp

According to this newsletter, the INSTALLDIR value has to be stored in ARPINSTALLLOCATION property by a custom action. I have seen the entry of this action in Custom Action table, even after that it is not working.

I tried a workaround and its working fine, i stored the INSTALLDIR value in registry during first installation and retrieved the value during Maintenance mode.

Regards
Vishnu smile.gif