This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditionals

1 reply to this topic

JustinGattuso

JustinGattuso
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 18:17

I'm really confused about conditional statements, from what I've read on these boards, the conditions are only checked when the installer starts up (CostFinalize step), yet all the dialogs are being asked after this step, so there is no way for me to control which features or components get installed, I have to leave it up to the user, which isn't really want I need to be doing.

Anyone have any pointers on this issue?

I basically read a serial file to see which components should be installed, but along with that I need to ask the user a few questions, which changes what should get installed, but I can't find a good way to do this.

I would script it all with the basic AskOptions screens, but after I call my first one (BEFORE CostFinalize, so it all works), I can't seem to call any other dialogs and it just jumps to the normal dialog sequence.

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:38

Justin, you can add your logic to manipulate the features to be installed.
And after that always remember to recall InstallFinalize CA.
  ankur tyagi