This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dynamically how to build the components

3 replies to this topic

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:48

Hi All,

I am using Install Shield 10.50 professional - Admin Studio. Normally we will include all the files/folders into the Install shield IDE then we will compile and build. so there is no problem at all.

Problem:
My latest requiremet is i am not suppose to include the files/folders to Install shield IDE. I have one path.ini file, includes all the file paths which it required for the installation build. So dynamically i want to read path.ini file then i should build it. At any cost i should not include the files into the IDE.

Please can anyone suggest me how to do this serious problem?????

Cheers,
Prathap.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 19:33

You could try dynamic file links, but this can have problems. Or you could use a script to dynamically create components, like the scripts listed under "Create Components Automatically" at http://www.installsi.../en/msi/isd.htm

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:01

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain my problem clearly Example :- Path.ini file looks the following way

[STBS]
STBS_CONTROL=\\Dataunix1\ref_STBS\STBSControl.dll <C:\STBS\STBSControl.dll>
STBS_BASE_INTERNAL=\\Dataunix1\ref_STBS\SetupSTBS_i_MHDK.EXE <C:\STBS\SetupSTBS_i_MHDK.EXE>

When i compile the InstallShield IDE, it should read the path.ini file, then it should take those files and place it in local PC and it should build it.

The above path.ini file contains 2 files
STBSControl.dll,SetupSTBS_i_MHDK.EXE .
these two files are placed in the network location machine called "Dataunix1" and from that location it should copy these 2 files in to the local machine then it should build it, this is what my exact requirement.
[Bocz my project development centre is in London, they will be placing the files in Dataunix1 machine, when i compile the Installshield IDE it should read the path.ini file then it should copy these 2 files in to my local mahine[INDIA] and it should build it properly. they want every thing should be automate.]

Please can any one suggest me how to do it as early as possible?

Best Regards,
Reddy.

Edited by reddy611, 22 January 2007 - 10:32.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 21:38

You could use some script or batch file to copy these files then launch the InstallShield build. InstallShield can't do this.