This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows 98 Support?

1 reply to this topic

jasman

jasman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 17:31

I recently created my first ever .msi file to install some .dll and .ocx files. Now I have been asked to add support for windows 98 to this .msi. I am not really sure what that means. Do I have to include additional dll and ocx files that are compatible with windows 98 or do I have to modify the .msi file itself to register things differently or what?

Are there any guidelines for this kind of thing?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jason

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 15:52

If your current OCX is not compatible with Win98 you shuold add the Win98 version to your project. Then add conditions to the components:
for the NT/2000/XP version: VersionNT
for the Win95/98/Me version: Version9X
This will make sure that only the component for the appropriate platform gets installed.
You should also set those components to re-evaluate condition=yes. This will make sure that the 98 version gets replaced by the XP version if your users upgrades the computer to Windows XP (a repair install of your setup is required for this)