This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade will not Uninstall

3 replies to this topic

cjserio

cjserio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 14:20

I know this topic has been covered numerous times before. I did the best i could searching for answers but i just can't get it to work.

When i run my new installer, it installs but never uninstalls the previous version that exists on my system.

I have a Basic MSI installer built with InstallShield DevStudio 9. Its version is 1.1.1d and it's installed on my PC. Then I took the exact same install project and changed the Product ID but not the Upgrade ID. I created a major upgrade and told it to uninstall any earlier versions before installing. I changed the version number to 1.1.2. I've also tried extreme versions like 2.0.0.

I've checked to make sure the FindRelatedProducts and RemoveExisting products both exist in my sequences and they do. They're both in the Installation/Execute section and they both occur before InstallInitialize. I didn't move them so i guess that's the default. I haven't modified any ALLUSERS property from one installer to the next but i've tried setting it to 0 and to 2 in the "Property" table. I had to add it there because it didn't exist. That didn't help either.

Pieces of the log file exist below. If you need a certain section, please let me know and i'll be happy to provide. I'd really appreciate any insight into this problem as it's really taking up a lot of my time.

Thanks,
Chris

1: InstallShield - ISSetAllUsers (Begin)
1: Opening Database
1: {0D6B1BF9-BEE1-45F2-81F5-A47DC929F741} 1.1.2 257
1: MyProduct {8E5DB6AF-2032-4C82-9FDF-4926A2417222} 1033 1.1.1d ***Related***
MSI © (C4!9C) [09:17:04:638]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE property. Its value is 'Yes'.
1: ALLUSERS=0
1: Closing Database
1: InstallShield - ISSetAllUsers (End)

MSI © (C4:BC) [09:17:04:700]: Doing action: FindRelatedProducts
Action start 9:17:04: FindRelatedProducts.
Action ended 9:17:04: FindRelatedProducts. Return value 1.
MSI © (C4:BC) [09:17:04:716]: Doing action: RemoveExistingProducts
Action start 9:17:04: RemoveExistingProducts.
Action ended 9:17:04: RemoveExistingProducts. Return value 1.

cjserio

cjserio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 13:49

Does anyone have any insight at all? I'd be happy to provide more information if necessary.

Thanks,
Chris

cjserio

cjserio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 14:37

I fixed my problem. Installshield doesn't recognize that 1.1.1d is an earlier version of 1.1.2. So do not use anything but numbers in your version. sad.gif It does work if you choose "With a Specific Version"

Chris

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 15:43

Only numbers are allowed in the ProductVersion per MSI definition.