This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Repairing an user's app without the source cd

3 replies to this topic

nlea88

nlea88
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:39

Here is my problem. I am installing an app. that i need for the user to be able to repair without their source cd. The user's purchase my app off the net so if they need to repair, i need them to be able to do it without any type of media. When i repair now i get multiple errors about how my app can't find the source media. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a method to copy the source files on to the user's machine silently so if needed they will be able to repair. I am using installshield 12, Installscript "MSI" project. Please can someone help me.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:36

Look in the release wizard for an option similar to "Cache Web Download" and enable it (sorry, don't have Installshield installed here). This will cache the installer on the system before installing (when using a setup.exe launcher).
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

nlea88

nlea88
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 18:32

This option is disabled, do you know how I can go about enabling it.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:56

You need to deliver your setup wrapped in a setup.exe launcher. Select a release type that will compile such a release (for example "web image" or similar).
Regards
-Stein Åsmul