This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to invoke CA during Modify Scenario

5 replies to this topic

rakeshkr

rakeshkr
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:33

Hi All,
I need to invoke CA during modify scenario. The problem with me is i dont know to set condition for this.

Description:- I installed the components using the msi installer. then re-run the installer in maintenence mode, during this time i want to invoke a CA, but dont know how to specify a condition for this.

Please Help...

Thanks in advance

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 20:03

It depends on where in the sequence you need this. One possibility would be:
Installed and Not REMOVE~="ALL"

Another way would be to base your condition on the instalaltion state and action of a feature.

rakeshkr

rakeshkr
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:20

When i run the same installer again (Same Product Code and same Version) then it runs in maintenece mode and then when i select modify then it pics up all the installed features. What i want is when i select modify option then my CA gets executed before showing the installed features.

Thanks in advance...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 21:47

This condition should work:
_IsMaintenance = "Change"
Use it on the DoAction event on the "Next" button of the MaintenanceType dialog.

rakeshkr

rakeshkr
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 16:08

If the Registry entry of Uninstall information ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<ProductCode>) for a product has been deleted manually and then run the installer in Repiar mode. is it possible to create the Uninstall registry entry in this scenario.

If so can you please let me know what ned to be done to acheive this.

Thanks in advance...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 17:31

Thsi entry is managed by Windows Installer. I would expect that a repair would restore it, but if that's not the case, you would have to uninstall and then install again.