This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

file at virtual store not able to be deleted

1 reply to this topic

joeychou1985

joeychou1985
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 15:53

Hi, all,

I am using the installshield to generate the exe application file. The application is project based on Visual Basic 6.0.

My operating system is Windows 7.

After the installation, I tried to uninstall the application. The folder at C:\program file is able to be fully deleted. But there is a file at "C:\Users\Joey\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Application1". It is not deleted.

Could anyone tell me how to delete the file at VirtualStore automatically when I uninstall the application?

Thank you so much!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 18:08

This is probably a file that is created or modified during runtime of your application. And it is created becasue your application tries to write to the Program Folder but doesn't have appropriate permission. You should fix your application to write to a user writable location instead. Or, as a workaround (not recommended!) give the user write access to the respective file or folder.