This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

When updating, the soft appears twice in AddRemove Programs

9 replies to this topic

jsp

jsp
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 13:53

I have distributed a version 2.0 of my soft.
The setup has been developped with ISWI 1.52.
Now, I have new binary files and new custom actions to include.
The marketing departement has decided that this version will be a 2.0.1 one. I have to update the 2.0 version.
Applying a msp seems to work but in Add/Remove programs menu, the 2 softs appear end so there is a conflict: removing 2.0.1 make 2.0 not work.
Is there any solution to remove the key of previous version when updating?
thanks for help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 15:41

Do both packages have the same product code?

Sam Dipiazza

Sam Dipiazza
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2001 - 18:20

I'm having the same problem. The packages have different product codes.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2001 - 21:50

You must populate the Upgrade table

Sam Dipiazza

Sam Dipiazza
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2001 - 22:42

It is populated. I have not changed the upgrade code. I have the VersionMax set to the previous version number, and the Attributes set to MaxInclusive+MinInclusive+LanguageExclusive+MigrateFeatures. I have the ActionProperty field set to 'DetectedProducts', which is a property that exists. I also have SecureCustomProperties set to 'DetectedProducts'. I am running ISWI 2.03.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2001 - 06:03

I think you want the language to be inclusive instead of exclusive (else it will find any languages except those specified, an empty means ALL langauges).

I suggest that you display the value of your ActionProperty (e.g. in a VB Script MsgBox) for debugging to see if it gets set. Remember that the property name must be all capital letters.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 May 2001 - 14:34

I am not sure but I think DetectedProducts should be DETECTEDPRODUCTS.  It does not make sense to add a private propery to SecureCustomProperties

Sam Dipiazza

Sam Dipiazza
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2001 - 16:21

Hmm - I think I missed the point somewhere that properties need to be all uppercase to be public :). I'll try that and see if that works... Thanks

IgorS

IgorS
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 15:51

Hello,
Yes, it must be uppercase.
I proved it in my project.

Igor.
Igor S.