This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error -6172: internal build error

2 replies to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 17:08

I've created a configuration called "Default", a release called "Release". I chose all the default settings except I added "Optimize Size". I removed the original "Product Configration 1" from the Releases view. Then I built the project. If I build regularly (F7), it works. If I build "Tables Only", I get the -6172 error message. The Help library tells me to go the InstallShields's KB, but the KB doesn't have "-6172" documented.... Anyone?

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 08:57

Hi,
I think ISD wants to delete or backup the existing directory. If you removed it or have open it with explorer ISD can not backup it.
If I do so I get error code :
Fatal Error: -6173: An error occurred renaming file....
So try to make a complete new release and then try to build tables only
Hope that helps

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 11:20

No, the error you get is not what I get. I know your error and I sometimes get it when I forget to close the Windows Explorer that's on the "Disk1" directory. I just got a reply from InstallShield support by the way. They told me to try one of these two workarounds:
1. build an uncompressed version. Not always possible, like when you're working on a merge module (you can't not-compress it).
2. If you have no components, try adding one with a dummy file.

For me, option #2 worked. Afterwards, I removed the dummy component and file, and the error did not occur again. Obivously a bug (but I didn't get support to put that in writing...)