This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Initalization dialog image problem

3 replies to this topic

tgoldstein

tgoldstein
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 16:32

I have prduced an installer with express (very nice and easy to use) and have customised the background images in the dialogues.

The problem is that there is an initalization dialogue that does not adopt my customised images. This causes discontinuity in the installer and therefore fairly serious problems in our branding.

Please could someone tell me if they've had similar problems, if this is a bug in the installer, and if there is a way round the problem.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Tom

The Count

The Count
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 23:00

Just stepped into the same problem - any clues?

The Count

The Count
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 23:15

Gotcha!

Check your settings for the "Dialogs" root; there should be a "global image" and a "global banner" setting. Setting these to the desired files fixed my problem.

Meta

Meta
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 01:47

I've been annoyed by the same thing.  I'm using the global dialog image and global dialog banner, but it doesn't change the initial InstallShield setting up dialog.  It's obviously done that way on purpose, so that InstallShield can promote their brand through your product.

Note that you also can't get rid of the InstallShield words in the horizontal bar above the buttons nor customize the "Text and Messages" that refer to InstallShield.  You'd think for a few hundred dollars your product wouldn't have to be an InstallShield ad, but it turns out you have to shell out for the Pro version if you want that flexibility.
???