This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows Installer 3.0

2 replies to this topic

Arcangel_666

Arcangel_666
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 21:27

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knows what InstallShield or Wise will be doing about the latest Windows Installer version (3.0) set to go out with Win XP SP2? Will they have an SP themselves to take advantage of the new functionality coming out? or will they wait until their next major release until they address it?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Nick

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:24

I assume that Install Shield would create as service pack that uses this latest version. You would probably need to check with someone from install shield about this though.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 15:47

I haven't seen any announcement from Wise on this, but as far as I know InstallShield is ready to release a service pack for InstalShield X shortly after the release of MSI 3. They already had some MSI 3 functionality in the beta version of InstallShield X but removed it for the release. I don't expect MSI 3 support for older InstallShield products (such as DevStudio 9)