This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need Your Help

4 replies to this topic

LLL

LLL
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 17:34

I have been trying to combine MDAC 2.6 and DCOM98 to run in one setup file. That means to say when I click on the setup file the MDAC 2.6 will lauch followed by DCOM98. The problem is after running MDAC 2.6 it will prompt me to restart the machine. I choosed to restart, but after restarting the installation doesn't continue on DCOM98. In the other hand, if I choose not to restart I get an error message and the installation wouldn't continue. Is there any solution to this? Another thing is that I try to add in MS XML in my setup file as well but it wouldn't launch cos there is an error messages that reads other installation in progress. Is there anyway to solve this as well. Sorry I know this might sound complicated but I really hope there is someone out there who can really help.Thanks

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 00:06

Instead of calling seperate installs for MDAC, DCOM and XML, how about getting the merge modules for these and placing them in your install.  I've successfully done it for MDAC and XML.

LLL

LLL
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 08:18

Thanks for the reply but how do I use the merge modules? Can u pls give me some guide about this because I am new to the windows Installer.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 00:36

In the InstallShield IDE, under section 2 "Specify Application Data", there is a section called Merge Modules.  To include a merge module, simply click in the checkbox next to it to select it.  Also, associate it with a feature of your installation.

The logic required to take care of the installation/upgrade/version checking is contained within the merge module itself.  

If the merge module you need isn't in the list, then go to the InstallShield site, see if they have it on their web page.

LLL

LLL
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 16:36

Leigh,
  Thank you very much for your help. Really appreciate that