This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISDEV : warning Val0015: The CreateFolder table co

1 reply to this topic

Barvaz

Barvaz
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:32

Hi,

I have created two msi installers, one I use as a Base MSI and the other I use as an updated MSI, this second MSI includes 3 updated files only.
So, from this, I created a patch between the two but I get errors like this:

ISDEV : warning Val0015: The CreateFolder table contains new content. Therefore, if you are packaging this upgrade as a patch, you will not be able to make it an uninstallable patch.

In the updated MSI I didn't made any change! Just refresh 3 files with more updated files!
I compared the two files with "InstallShiled MSI Diff" tool and found NO differences in CreateFolder table content (The Table wasn't marked in Green – Modified)
I read paragraph "Val0015" in the InstallShield help and didn't found any solution - I searched the WEB and have not found a solution.

Is there anyone here who might have just a little clue as to what could be wrong??

Many Thanks.

Barvaz

Barvaz
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 13:11

I compare by mistake the ISM files instead of the MSI files and therefore I did not find the differences – Now, I can see the differences in CreateFolder table.
You can see the differences in attachment - Do you have any idea what causes these differences? Are these causes/change due to folder that define as dynamic files? How can I solved it?

Thanks

Attached Images

• MsiDiff.JPG