This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to use "pipe" functions

2 replies to this topic

Thomas Ulrich

Thomas Ulrich
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 11:58

Hello,
I  run am application from InstallScript (Developer 7) which creates a "dos" window with information. Normaly you can "pipe" this screen into a textfile with ">"-operator.

I used the following line:

LaunchAppAndWait ( "C:\\DMS32\\Source~1\\Hardlock\\hldinst" , "-info > c:\temp.txt" , WAIT );

I get the expected screen, but I can`t "pipe " it into the textfile.

If I use the windows command line outside Dev7 it works fine.

Where is the problem??

Regards
Thomas

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 13:27

Try putting the command into a batch/cmd file and run this one.

SoftwareJock

SoftwareJock
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 16:43

I encountered a similar problem where the piped output of a LaunchAppAndWait program was a zero length file.  Additionally, the program created the expected piped output file when it was run directly from a command window.

The problem was caused by an incomplete path when the program was run from LaunchAppAndWait.  Specifically, the directory for one of the program's dependent DLLs was not in the path used by LaunchAppAndWait.  I solved the problem by performing a ChangeDirectory to the DLL directory before executing LaunchAppAndWait.

Curiously, when the failure was occurring LaunchAppAndWait returned a successful completion code & no "missing DLL" error msg dialog was displayed.