This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MinorUpgrade searches MSI in CD Root

1 reply to this topic

MegDino

MegDino
  • Full Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 20:48

Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade an existing Version with a newer one using MsiInstallProduct and the params "REINSTALL=All REINSTALLMODE=vomus". It works perfect, when startet from a local drive, but startet from a removable media, is breaks with the message to insert volume 1.

I tested around and found advices to name the volume labe in the media table as same as the physical media. But that didn't really help.

The only way that works is to put the msi package in the root of my CD. I found in the logfile, that installer searches the msi package in all available CD drives to verify a certain file during the upgrade process.
But that is no solution for me.

Is there any way to solve it without duplicating my msi package?

kind regards
Micha

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:17

Try commenting-out (or adding an impossible-to-meet condition e.g. 0=1) the ResolveSource action. Remember to do this via a transform if the MSI is vendor-supplied, rather than editing the MSI itself.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.