This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Add/Remove programs requiring the CD?

2 replies to this topic

Smalls

Smalls
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 18:39

Hi folks,

My application appears as expected in Add/Remove programs after install.  However, if I try and remove it via that mechanism, Windows asks for the original install CD.  Obviously I don't want users to have to insert their installation CD to remove our application.  Any thoughts?

Thanks as always in advance.  :)

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 19:10

luke_s posted this solution a few pages in on the General MSI forum ( thanks luke! ).  

please refer to the original post "Deinstallation w/o orig. Setup.msi
Deinstallation without orig. Setup.msi" posted by unwise.exe on Oct 07/02 for a complete reference...

"There is a standard action called ResolveSource, make sure this has a condition of "NOT REOMVE".
This will then use not call this action when you remove the product. The system cached copy of the msi will be used."

hih...

Smalls

Smalls
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 20:21

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Hambone.  That did the trick.  Thanks too to luke_s for the original post.

Call me crazy, but you would think that Microsoft would explicitly mention this in the MSDN under the "Configuring Add/Remove Programs with Windows Installer" section.  
:p