This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

AppSearch Sequence

3 replies to this topic

XIII

XIII
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:56

Hello,

I'm beginner in MSi technology.
For my application I need to know if a file (a mdb file) exist in the destination directory.
To perform this, i've done an appsearch, it works fine but this is only execute at the launching of the application. How can I perform it after the 'Single feature destination' when the user change the destination directory (i must check in this directory if the file is exist)???
Does anybody to help me ?

Thanks a lot for your precious help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 16:09

While you are relatively free where in the sequence you schedule the AppSearch action, it usually exdcutes before the dialog wizard is displayed. I'm not sure exatcly what you're trying to do. Why can't you search for the mdb file before the dialogs are shown?

XIII

XIII
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 16:37

Yes i know, but I don't know how can I schedule it ??? unsure.gif
In InstallUISequence and InstallExecuteSequence, all action have a sequence number. How can i add a row or edit this sequence? I'm complety lost... blink.gif

Thanks you

Edited by XIII, 03 March 2005 - 16:38.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 14:41

This depends on the authoring tool you are using. You can change the sequence number in Orca for instance. However low level editing of an msi file is not a trivial task and in general not recommended for beginners.