This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallScript MSI project

5 replies to this topic

abbyk20

abbyk20
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:56

Hi,

Im new to installshield and i have very little idea about working with installscript. I have an installscript MSI project and i get the following errors when i build the project.

1.)There were errors compiling installscript ( ERROR CODE-4370)
2.)An error occured streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\TAW Installshield\WorkSpace\Master\Master\Script Files\Setup.inx(ERROR CODE - 7132)

Could the cause of these errors be some missing files or is it due the scripts?? i have no idea how to work with scripts...please help me out.

Attached Images

• errorsm.GIF

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 16:50

1) I believe the function is called GetCurrentDir, not GetCurrentDirectory. Check your code, note the syntax coloring.

2) This is a consequence of 1). setup.inx is the compiled script. If the script couldn't be compiled, there's no setp.inx, and therefore it can't be built into the package.

abbyk20

abbyk20
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:30

Hi stefan,

There was some error in the script itself, but that got sorted out. And the function was GetCurrentDirectory.... you were right, the setup.inx wasn't built. Thank you

Could you suggest me a good tutorial for installShield?because I'm new to it and the project I'm working on is quite advanced, also i was thinking of making the sample projects myself so i could get some insight into installshield bt i can't find a tutorial for all the included projects, could you help me with that?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 20:03

I don't know which version of InstallShield you are using, so maybe my help document (version 2012) is different from yours, but mine has a tutorial section for Basic MSI and for InstallScript projects. I don't recommend the The "InstallScript MSI" project type for new projects, and I guess that's why there's no tutorial for it. But by reading about Basic MSI and then learning the InstallScript langue might help you.
You could also try the book "Getting Started with InstallShield Developer and Windows Installer Setups". It's quite old, and the "InstallScript MSI" project type was called "Standard project" back then.
http://www.installsi...oks.htm#isdbook

abbyk20

abbyk20
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:52

Im using installshield 2008, i checked out my help document, it's tutorial section is the same as yours, no tutorial for installscript MSI project... sad.gif
Thanks for the link though,even though the book is old i bet it would be informative for me. Could you tell me how can i start with the installscript language??

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:26

It's very similar to other programming languages. Start a test project, use the combo boxes at the top of the script view window to insert the default code for the event handlers and study them. Read the documentation, samples, tutorial.