This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modifying an Existing Dialog Box in _isres.dll

1 reply to this topic

Yehuda

Yehuda
  • Full Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 15:02

How can I to copy an existing bitmap (#103, for example) into my dialog created inside the isres.dll?
The dialog created by copying an existing one from the isres\dialog folder in the resource pane in the Visual C++ 6.0 of this dll dsw. The source dialog encludes the bitmap, but the copied one doesn't it...

clvrmnky

clvrmnky
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 19:03

I'm not entirely sure what your question is.  Do you want to modify the standard bitmap (#103) for the SdWelcome() and SdFinishXXX() dialogs?

If you just need to modify existing dialogs, just open up _isres.dll as a "resource" in MSVC.  Select "bitmaps".  Using the menu items, copy and paste into your _isuser.dll project.  Edit as appropriate.  If you have already copied the dialog you want, the process is the same as that.

I actually had to copy the dialog properties to a new bitmap resource, and created the bitmap in a real bitmap editor.  MSVC seems to have a bug where it will paste the image with reduced bit-depth, resulting in a badly dithered image.