This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting HKCU in .msi

2 replies to this topic

cipollone7

cipollone7
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 18:29

Hi,

I am trying to deploy an .msi through Group Policy and have created an .mst to modify settings. There is a particular setting in the software that requires a registry entry to be created under HKCU to check a box. When I add that key to HKCU within the mst and deploy, the key shows up, but the dword value does not. There is another dword that does show up, but this particular one never does.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be the problem? Why one value is in the new installation but a seemingly comparable value does not show up?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 16:53

I revcommend validating your install (msi+mst) to see if there are any database consitency issues, and then generate a log file of the install.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:10

Are you using Wise Package Studio 5.6 by any chance? I did some work for a client last year using WPS 5.6 and had this issue. It drove me nuts! In the end, I removed the offending entry in Orca, saved, added it back, then saved again. After that the MSI worked every time and subsequently WPS was used to make further changes to the MSI and we never had an issue.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.