This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

The installer for solaris is very slow

1 reply to this topic

Naresh.Ch

Naresh.Ch
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:46

Hi Stefan,

I am using InstallShield 10.02 Premier, and created the installers for Solaris and Windows platforms using universal installer project. The installer for windows is running fine on the windows machine, but coming to Solaris the installer for solaris became very slow.I could not even complete the whole installation process once, even I sat for 2 hours.

I specified the java arguments for Solaris distribution for increasing the heap size. But there is no change in the speed.

I have a installer for Solaris which is developed using Installshield Multi Platform 5.0. Its working fine.

Does Premier 10.02 has any limitations for Solaris or do I need to change any other settings for increasing the speed. Please reply me.

Sorry for troubling you and Thanx in advance...

Waiting for your early reply....

Regards,
Naresh.Ch

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:10

The Universal engine in InstallShield 10.0/10.5 is based on the ÍnstallShield MultiPlatform engine. Therefore I wouldn't expect such an effect. Unfortunately I'm no very familiar with the multi-platform side of InstallShield. I'd suggest you submit a support request to InstallShield. Did you search the knowledge base and the forum at http://community.installshield.com to see if this is a known/common problem?