This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SILENT UNINSTALLATION

3 replies to this topic

suling

suling
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:51

I was trying to uninstall Sony Image Transfer software silently but 'Confirm removal' dialogues keeps popping up. Tried creating the response file for uninstallation but when the command "C:\Program Files\....\Setup.exe" /uninst /s is used the dialogues keeps popping up. A monitoring tool was used and found that the iss file is not referred to even when the silent switch is used.

Any idea why this happens?/

Thanks for all help in advance smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 16:00

You could try without the /uninst switch (and select uninstall in the dialogs).

Sometimes setup authors forget to include iss functionality in custom dialogs they create.

suling

suling
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 14:19

I tried that but the problem is when i run the exe without /uninst it reinstalls the product again. There is no uninstallation dialogue in the sequence.
Is there any way by which i could force the exe to look into the iss file during uninstallation. It works fine with installation

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:20

If the setup includes a custom dialog which the author created without considering silent installs, then there's no way to fix this. Unless you have the InstallScript project sources, fix the script, recompile it etc... In other words: please contact the manufacturer/setup author for a fix.