This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

windows not copying dll files

3 replies to this topic

bryandbrandy

bryandbrandy
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 18:52

i have a custom built comp and trying to install windowss xp on it. I boot from the CD everything does good until it get s to the copying files part on the install. It get to about 57% and starts not wanting to copy files, and it seems only .dll files. At first i thought i had a bad disk so i called microsoft and ordered a new just got it and same thing. Gets to 57% and starts with the same files. Any suggestions on what to do??

The comp. specs are- Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L MB, WD Cavileir 320g sata drive, LG DVD CD-ROM, 2.8 P4 prossecor(clocked to a 3.0), and 2 512mb memory sticks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 15:50

I'm sorry but I dont think we can help in this cae. This web site is not about installing Windows, its about a technology called "Windows Installer" (also klnown and "MSI") which is used to install applications (like office) on Windows.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:20

Swap out your CD/DVD drive. I'll bet you have a bad laser or head mechanism.

Please don't respond here, though. As Stephan says, this isn't a general Windows installation forum.

Edited by VBScab, 21 September 2009 - 08:21.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 19:37

You can also try to get hold of an ISO of the installer disk and burn this to a USB flash drive and use this to install from. I find that much more reliable than CD/DVD.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul