This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Basic MSI Billboards

4 replies to this topic

jforst

jforst
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 00:49

I am using billboards for the first time in a Basic MSI Project and after decifering the minimal documentataion regarding billboards I have finally got the install to display them. I however, have the problem that they are being displayed during install validation (which i have no billboards attached to), during mergemodule installation (again I have no billboards attached to these) and then again during the actual Installation.

Is there a way to only show BillBoards during the actual installation?

I have tried adding conditions to the hide/show the control based on a property being set. I the property is not set then hide the control and show it if the property is set. I set this property through a deferred custom action (MSI DLL) at the point that I want them to start showing but they still are displayed as discribed above.

Any help that anyone can provide will be appreciated.

jforst

jforst
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 00:57

Please note that I am using InstallShield 2008 Premier for this project.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:16

I don't understand the part about the merge module instalaltion, but I think there's a known bug in Windows Installer that displays the billboards twice.

jforst

jforst
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 19:12

Stefan, sorry, The mergemodules have nothing to do with it. I understand that there was a bug in Windows installer that displays the billboards twice and I saw a post somewhere that said it was fixed in Windows Vista, however the link provided was unreachable.

Do you know of any way that I could disable/hide the Billboard Control until the install is past the validation and script generation phase? As I mentioned in my first post I set conditions to hide/show the Billboard Control based on a property but this did not seem to have any effect on this control.

Thanks,

Jim...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:50

No, I can't think of a way to work around this issue. My general recommendation would be not to use billboards anyway (who sits in front of the screen watching the progress bar anyway?)