This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Two entried in Add/Remove programs.

1 reply to this topic

shrinu9

shrinu9
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:57

In my product we have multiple features like A,B,C,D
If in version 1.0 A, B are installed.
in version 2.0 which is major upgrade, if I select C,D It is removing all the previous features and installing New features. But I want the old features to be as it is.
for that in upgrade table I have given RemoveFeatures as C,D . It is working fine.
But If I see in add or remove programs , there are 2 entries with version old and new one.
But My requirement is there should be only newer version.

Please suggest how can I solve this problem.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:37

If you want only one Add/Remove entry, all features must be migrated to the new version, i.e. leave RemoveFeatures empty.
If you want features A, B, C, and D all to be installed, then all four need to be selected in the new version. Any feature that has previously been installed and is now un-checked will be removed. This is the standard behaviour.
To pre-populate the new setup with the feature selection from the previous version, make sure you have "Migrate Feature States" set to yes.