This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

JET 351 Object Self-Reg Error

1 reply to this topic

clvrmnky

clvrmnky
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 21:44

Installing a component that triggers the Access97 object to be installed, in turn installs the JET 351 object.

This is all fine and dandy, but I've noticed that in maintenance mode, the install of a single component within JET 351 will throw a self-reg error:

"C:\winnt\system32\msexch35.dll   The specified module could not be found".

The message seems spurious, becuase it _is_ installing the module, as far as I can tell.

Anyone shed any light on this error?  There doesn't seem to be much the end-user can do about this whole thing, so I'm considering suppressing the message.

gelliott

gelliott
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 16:28

I also get this error upon installation.  The msexch35.dll is only supposed to install under windows 9x but I get the same error on NT4 and ME ( at least ).

How can I edit the object to not install this file at all - we don't need it - or how do I suppress the error message that is appearing after my script has given up control of the installation?

Desperately looking for help!!

Greg