This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Default Language in setup.ini

4 replies to this topic

xdolving

xdolving
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:57

Hi everyone,

I have created a setup with InstallShield 2011. My problem is that this setup is multi language and some folks like to have the default language set as English and some in German. Is there a possibility without recompiling the setup to change the default language within the setup.ini?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

xdolving

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:15

You could just pass a command-line switch of "-l1031" to setup.exe as that will override the default English language and instead make it German.

You can even create say a "setup_de.bat" file with that command to automate the process.

Hope that helps.
user posted image

xdolving

xdolving
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:51

Hey Taco Bell,

thanks for the quick answer. Your idea certainly opens the setup in a different language. My only problem with that, is that I will not be able to convince our customers with that solution. Basically I need a solution where I change an entry in the setup.ini and the Language Dialog that opens up when you open the setup.exe has a different Default Language.

Since the setup.ini more or less has these options, I wonder why it doesn't work.

Here is a piece of the entries in the setup.ini that I am referring to:

CODE

[Languages]
Default=0x0407
Supported=0x0407, 0x0409

[0x0409]
0x0409=English (United States)
0x0407=German (Germany)

I don't understand why the default language doesn't change when I switch the default language to 0x0409 for example.
Anybody else has that problem?

Greetings,

xdolving

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 13:31

I do have a multilanguage install that I support, but my setup.ini looks slightly different than yours (probably due to differing IS versions) and I've never tried to override it like that. It seems like you should be able to though.
user posted image

xdolving

xdolving
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 13:49

should be yeah... if I change the default language to some other language it's still the language I selected in the release options... weird