This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DLLs in System32 folder

1 reply to this topic

duck

duck
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 16:40

Hi,

I posted one topic about DLLs that remains in System32 folder after uninstall. I got two advices and none of them helped me. Maybe it wouldn't be so big problem that for some reason during next installation these DLLs cannot be overwriten with newer versions. I tried to change versions of DLLs and I turned off Windows File Protection and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Duck

Robo Scripter

Robo Scripter
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 17:06

Duck,
I read your other two post and their replies. I must say that I am a bit confused. The advise you received, give the subject matter of your question, appeared to be complete, brief and well to the point. Perhaps you should restate your problem in a more informative fashion.

I would suggest that obscurity could be a great hindrance in the quest for knowledge to solve ones technical dilemmas. To this end might I suggest that you name these Dll's and their source that Windows File Protection has decided to prohibit you from removing.

Kind regards,

Robert W. Haynie
Software Integration Consultant
robert.haynie@HaynieHouse.com
+1 (713) 805-4830
Be the stone that sharpens the leading edge.