This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Runtime Error 1603 on some machines ... ?

1 reply to this topic

loma

loma
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 21:22

Hello,

I built a test MSI package using Visual Studio (6.0) Installer which is just installing an .exe plus a couple of .dll 's and a shortcut in the start menu. I get the message 'execution interrupted' (error code 1603) during installation on my computer (Windows XP SP2) while it is working fine on other machines running Windows XP SP1 or W2K. There is something basic missing I guess. (BTW I am administrator on my computer...)

Who can help me ?

I added the installation log as an attachment.

Lothar

Attached Files

Edited by loma, 02 April 2005 - 23:34.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:37

MSI (s) (B8:9C) [23:05:09:484]: Note: 1: 2318 2: L:\Installation\RunLego\Output\DISK_1\RunLego.msi

2318 means File not Found. I guess that L is a network drive that's not mapped for the System account. Note that the UI part of the install runs in the account of the user who has started the setup (in your case: Administrator) while the Execute parts run in the Windows Installer system service, using the System account.